Weddings are a celebration for the couple, for their family and for the wider family of the Church. St. Vincent de Paul Church is delighted to be part of this celebration.
Couples that wish to be married at St. Vincent de Paul Church should contact the office at least 6 months in advance and make an appointment with Fr. Kent. We want to help you in not only planning your wedding, but also provide marriage preparation that will strengthen your relationship and provide greater success in your marriage. So even though at least 6 months is recommended for the preparation, couples are encouraged to start the preparation and planning process as soon as they are engaged. Starting the preparation early also allows you to schedule the date you want.
Preparation for marriage normally includes:
1) A meeting with Fr. Kent to schedule the wedding, fill out paperwork, discuss marriage preparation and wedding planning.
2) A meeting with Kathleen to schedule the facilities;
3) Couple's counseling using the Prepare/Enrich tool;
4) The introductory class about Natural Family Planning;
5) Participation in either the Unitas Marriage Preparation at St. Vincent's (see below) or Catholic Engaged Encounter.
6) A final meeting with Fr. Kent to discuss your experience of marriage preparation and plan the Wedding Liturgy.
Contact the office to set up an appointment with Fr. Kent at 316-733-1423.