August 15 is the Holy Day of the Feast of the Assumption of Mary into heaven.We will have Masses at 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
The Bishop wants your help to create a strategic plan for the diocese for the next 3-5 years. He wants to hear your responses to three questions:
1) As a diocese, what do we do well?
2) As a diocese what could we be doing better?
3) As a diocese what should our pastoral priorities be for the next three to five years?
There are a number of listening sessions that will be hosted in our area.
· Sunday, August 27 at 3:00 p.m., St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, Wichita
· Thursday, August 31 at 6:30 p.m., St. Thomas Aquinas Parish, Wichita
· Thursday, September 7 at 6:30 p.m., Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Wichita, (Spanish Language)
· Monday, September 11, at 7:00 p.m., The Loft at River City Brewery, Session for Young Adult Catholics
· Sunday, October 1 at 3:00 p.m. at Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Wichita, (English Language)
· Sunday, November 5 at 1:30 p.m. at St. Mary Parish, Derby
The session will be led by a facilitator and last approximately 90 minutes. It will provide opportunities for participants to discuss the three questions in small groups and to share responses with the Bishop and large group. All responses will be recorded and kept so that Bishop Kemme may refer back to them as he continues his work of establishing a vision and pastoral priorities for our diocese.
If you cannot attend and want to give your input online, go to the “Listening Session” link under “Find It Here” on the homepage of our diocesan website (www.catholicdioceseofwichita.org).